- Are you a visionary entrepreneur wanting to change the world?
- Are you running a business with innovative solutions?
- Are you looking for opportunities to expand your business globally?
Enter the StartmeupHK Venture Programme!
InvestHK is aiming to support the growth of high impact ventures on a global scale, by facilitating their access to financial, intellectual and social capital. It also seeks to propel the development of Hong Kong as an entrepreneurship and innovation hub, contributing to the development of a more prosperous economy and society.
12 successful finalist entrepreneurs from around the world will be invited to attend a four-day programme in Hong Kong from 4-7 December 2013 to:
- Pitch to potential investors and business partners
- Receive mentorship from business leaders
- Network with investment and business communities
- Attend leading design, innovation and technology trade shows
Why Hong Kong?
Hong Kong, Asia's World City. Hong Kong plays a vital role in the global value chain, with it's world class telecommunications, logistics and financial service systems. It is also a gateway to Mainland China - the "world's manufacturing hub" and it's fastest growing consumer market.
Hong Kong is acknowledged as one of the world’s smart cities, with its excellent ICT infrastructure, transportation, health care and governance systems. Like many world cities, Hong Kong also faces challenges with its environment, education, an ageing population and rising citizen expectations. Sustainable development is high on the city’s agenda and, Hong Kong can play the role of a testing ground for new concepts and serves as a model smart city for China and the rest of the world. Key to this development is the West Kowloon Cultural District Development, which is set to further the development of Hong Kong as one of the world’s great creative capitals.
In addition to this, Hong Kong is the world’s top four tech capital to watch (after Silicon Valley and New York), according to a recent Forbes magazine article. It is high time for entrepreneurs to discover what Hong Kong can offer as a launch pad for the expansion of their business globally. Access to capital, talent and markets are just part of the story. Opportunities abound for creative and technology ventures with innovative offerings, particularly in the following areas:
- Creative industries
- Energy efficiency, clean tech, waste management, water treatment, green consumer products and other sustainable technologies
- Financial technology
- Medical and health devices and technologies
- ICT and other technologies that can enhance connectivity, productivity, knowledge sharing, citizen empowerment and quality of life
For more information about Hong Kong as an entrepreneurial hub, please click here.