SME Export Marketing Fund
EMF provides funding support to SMEs for their participation in the following export promotion activities to promote their own products and/or services. Such export promotion activities/platforms must be organised/operated by organisations with a good track record:
- Trade fairs/exhibitions outside Hong Kong.
- Business missions outside Hong Kong.
- Local trade fairs/exhibitions which mainly target at markets outside Hong Kong.
- Placing advertisements on trade publications which mainly target at markets outside Hong Kong.
- Export promotion activities (such as placing advertisements, keyword search, listing product information, setting up or enhancing online shop, participating in virtual exhibitions, etc.) which are conducted through electronic platforms/media and which mainly target at markets outside Hong Kong.
- Setting up or enhancement of a corporate website/mobile application of the applicant enterprise which mainly targets at markets outside Hong Kong.
Announced in the 2020 Policy Address, the Government plans to expand the scope of the SME Export Marketing Fund for two years to cover large-scale exhibitions organised by organisers with proven track record targeting the local market, as well as virtual exhibitions organised by the HKTDC and reputable exhibition organisers with good track record. The eligibility criteria will also be relaxed to cover non-SMEs.