Enterprise Support Scheme (ESS)
ESS aims to provide funding support for local companies to conduct in-house research and development (R&D) work with a view to encouraging the private sector to invest in R&D.
- Provides on a dollar-for-dollar matching basis.
- Maximum Funding Support: $10 million per approved project.
- Maximum Project Duration: 24 months in general.
- Intellectual Property Rights Ownership: recipient company.
- Recoupment of Government’s Contribution: NOT required.
- Benefit Sharing of Commercialised R&D Results: NOT mandatory.