InvestHK Fintech Webinar Series: Embrace the New World of Digital Assets
11/05/2022 11:00am - 12:00pm
Digitalization has significantly increased in recent years. Interest in digital assets has also surged in tandem with rising investment. Reportedly, the global digital asset management market size is expected to grow from over US$4 billion in 2022 to US$8 billion in 2027.
Digital assets are transforming the investment landscape and technology-driven innovations have been growing in this emerging field. The investable digital products have been increasing in recent years and multiple stakeholders have been coming into play.
At this webinar, we are privileged to have the regulator, the leading industry experts, and the academic thought leader to share their valuable insights on what institutional investors, high-net-worth individuals, and family offices would be interested to know to embrace the new world of digital assets.
Organiser: InvestHK (Fintech and Family Offices Teams)
Primary Target Audiences: High-net-worth individuals, Family offices
• Association of Family Offices in Asia (AFO)
• Family Office Association Hong Kong (FOAHK)
• Fintech Association of Hong Kong (FTAHK)
• Hong Kong Investment Funds Association (HKIFA)
• Elizabeth Wong, Director of Licensing and Head of Fintech unit, Intermediaries, Securities and Futures Commission
• Alessio Quaglini, CEO & Co-founder, Hex Trust
• Prof Yang Wang, Vice-President for Institutional Advancement, The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
• Gary Tiu, Managing Director, Head of Regulatory Affairs, OSL
• King Leung, Head of Fintech, InvestHK
11:00 – 11:05 Welcoming Remarks and Introduction by InvestHK
11:05 – 11:55 Sharing by Speakers
• What are the latest trends in regulations around the world? What are the concerns about regulatory uncertainty and vulnerability of digital assets?
• What drives the demand for digital assets? What role do digital assets play in investors’ portfolios?
• How can institutional and professional investors approach digital assets? How can custodians support and protect investors?
• What is the future of digital assets? What are the challenges ahead?
11:55 – 12:00 Q&A Session
Securities and Futures Commission
The Securities and Futures Commission (SFC) is a statutory body that regulates the securities and futures markets in Hong Kong. The SFC is responsible for maintaining a fair, efficient, competitive, transparent and orderly market, protecting investors and assisting the Government in maintaining Hong Kong’s financial stability.
Hex Trust is a fully-licensed and insured provider of bank-grade custody for digital assets. Through the proprietary platform Hex Safe™, Hex Trust delivers custody, DeFi, brokerage, and financing solutions for financial institutions, digital asset organizations, corporate and private clients. Hex Trust has offices in Hong Kong, Singapore, and Vietnam.
The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST) is a world-class, research-intensive university that focuses on science, technology, business as well as humanities and social science. HKUST was ranked among the top-tier universities in Asia and was ranked 3rd in Times Higher Education’s Young University Rankings 2022.
OSL is a member of HKSE-listed BC Technology Group. It provides digital asset prime brokerage, custody, exchange and software-as-a-service (SaaS) to institutional clients and professional investors. OSL was the first company in Hong Kong to be licensed by SFC for Type 1 and Type 7 regulated activities related to digital assets.
To register, please visit HERE.