Innovation and Technology Support Programme (ITSP)
ITSP aims to support applied research and development (R&D) projects undertaken by R&D Centres or designated local public research institutes with a view to transferring the R&D results to local industries.
- Support platform R&D projects and seed projects.
Platform projects: industry-oriented applied R&D projects with potential for commercialisation.
- Maximum Project Duration: 24 months.
- Industry Sponsorship: at least 10% of the total project cost.
Seed projects: exploratory and forward-looking in nature.
- Maximum Funding Support: HK$2.8 million undertaken by R&D Centres; HK$1.4 million undertaken by other applicants.
- Maximum Project Duration: 18 months.
- Industry Sponsorship: NOT mandatory.
- Intellectual Property (IP) Rights Ownership: lead applicant.