Global Acceleration Academy (GAA) is an intensive business acceleration programme spearheaded by HKSTP to connect up-and-coming startups with world-class enterprises and help them localise their innovation and achieve success in the Asian market and beyond.
In partnership with the Hong Kong Hotels Association, GAA invites tech ventures from around the world to join the Hotels Accelerator to transform technologies and products into practical solutions that have commercial value for the hotel industry.
For overseas applicants, you may wish to note that:
1. As all the orientation, training and consultation will be on remote basis, selected teams will be subsidized to Hong Kong for localization training and discussing with adoption partners in week 7 & week 13;
2. Upon selection, overseas startups can participate in their home countries with the expectation of attending the interim review/Proof-of-Concept (POC) pitch (week 7) and/or final Demo Day (week 13) in Hong Kong. The interim review includes an orientation program/tour to understand how to develop business in the HK/China market. Once selected for the POC, overseas participants will present their POC in HK during the Demo Day. Both trips to HK are subsidised to up to HK$10,000 for each trip.
If your solutions address the following problem statements:
1. Increase efficiency of check-in & -out process (e.g. room access, rapid payment)
2. Automated identity verification to provide personalised services (e.g. facial recognition for concierge, access to facilities)
3. Enlighten overall guest room & dining experience (e.g. flexible control of appliances, automation delivery)
4. Enhance housekeeping efficiency (e.g. rapid examination for room condition, automated solution)
DEADLINE: 31 March, 2020