Visiting Hong Kong
Welcome to our page dedicated to airline, hotels and co-working spaces offers during StartmeupHK Festival 2020 and other visitor information. Reserve a spot and plan your itinerary around the venues.
The Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre (香港會議展覽中心) is Asia’s top conference destination. It has hosted some of the world’s most renowned events, and welcomed over 103 million visitors since it opened in 1988.
The iconic architecture of the HKCEC, on the waterfront of Victoria Harbour, is a hallmark of Hong Kong’s famed skyline. Besides offering a spectacular backdrop to events, the HKCEC’s location puts it at the doorstep of Hong Kong’s vibrant business district, whilst providing easy access to all parts of the city.
The Mills is a landmark revitalization project from Nan Fung Group completed in 2018. A destination consisting of a business incubator, experiential retail, and a non-profit cultural institution may be relatively unfamiliar to Hong Kong people.
A flexible and collaborative workspace is crucial for the growth of a startup. The Mills Fabrica occupies the entire fourth floor of The Mills; a center of innovation, offering flexible workspace for the techstyle community and a prototyping lab to help entrepreneurs turn their ideas into reality.
The Mills Fabrica 4/F The Mills, 45 Pak Tin Par Street, Tsuen Wan
T: +852 3979 2300
GETTING TO HKCEC
Wanchai Station, Island Line. 10 mins walk from the station.
By Car / Taxi
From the airport approx 45 minutes.
From Hung Hom Station approx 30 minutes.
From Hong Kong China Ferry Terminal approx 30 minutes.
From Tsim Sha Tsui Star Ferry Terminal approx 30 minutes.
From the airport take the A11 or E11.
From Hung Hom Station take the 104 or 101.
Parking is available in two underground car parks. One is located on Harbour Road, with entrances on Harbour Road and Convention Avenue. The other car park is located on Expo Drive Central.
The HKCEC offers a range of amenities to assist those with disabilities including ramped entrances, spacious lifts that accommodate wheelchairs, Braille directory, teleloop system, tactile guide paths, specially designed toilets and telephone booths. The car parks include bays reserved for drivers with disabilities.
Registered attendees of the StartmeupHK Festival 2020 can now enjoy 10% discount on market selling price in Business, Premium Economy and Economy Cabins and earn up-to 2,000 bonus Asia Miles in eligible booking class , courtesy of Cathay Pacific and Cathay Dragon.
To enjoy this special offer, please follow these simple steps:
1. Register for any of the upcoming StartmeupHK Festival’s core events and receive your MICE code
2. Use this code to book your tickets online here
StartmeupHK Festival 2020 attendees can enjoy special prices at several select hotels in Hong Kong.
Co-Work Space Partners
Come and Go As You Please
StarmeupHK Festival 2020 with valid core event tickets can avail of a special one week access pass to designated co-work spaces. For details, please contact our co-work space partners of your choice.
BLUE PRINT HONG KONG
2/F, Dorset House, Taikoo Place, 979 Kings Road, Quarry Bay
Tel +852 9631 1106
11/F, Grand Millennium Plaza, 181 Queens Road Central, Sheung Wan
Tel +852 2360 9188
Room 1001, 10/F, Yu Yuet Lai Building, 43-55 Wyndham Street, Central
Tel +852 3462 2777
Discover Hong Kong
HOUSE RULES FOR VISITORS AT HKCEC
For the safety and comfort of all our guests, a set of House Rules is applicable:
1. Only confirmed registered participants shall be admitted to the show. Confirmed participants have to present valid photo identification and admission badge/confirmation letter/confirmation email for admission. The Organisers reserve the right to refuse admission of any person who fail to comply with the above arrangement
2. All admission badges are non-transferrable. Valid admission badge must be conspicuously presented when entering the venue, and each participant must wear the admission badge such that it is shown clearly at all times.
3. Participants must dress in proper attire. Participants in improper attire shall not be admitted to the venue.
4. Any person may be refused entry if their clothing or accessories carry the following messages (including text and graphics):
o political, racial, religious or offensive messages.
o flags, designs or messages that may be used for protest or demonstration.
5. Luggage, oversized bags, backpacks and umbrellas, etc., are to be stored in the cloak room until the owners leave the venue. The Organisers reserve the right to request any items to be kept at the cloak room. If such items have not been retrieved within one hour after the end of the show, they would be sent to the Lost & Found Unit of the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre.
6. Posters, placards, flags, banners, buntings, flyers or publicity materials of any kinds shall not be brought into and/or used/displayed in the venue without prior permission of the Organisers. The Organisers reserve the right to refuse admission of any uncooperative participant/person or remove such person from the venue.
7. Security staff are authorised to invite any person present at or entering the venue to undergo security checking, and to show personal belongings and bags. Participants who refuse to undergo security checking without good reason may be denied entry and be removed from the venue.
8. To ensure public safety and order at the venue, participants shall not bring any plastic, glass, metal bottles or containers, bottled or canned drinks, or any other dangerous items into the venue. The Organisers and venue security staff have the authority to inspect the personal belongings of participants seeking entry to the venue.
9. Use of loud hailer/amplifier, chanting of slogans, shouting, distribution or display of materials, or behaviour in any form that may disrupt the event and / or affect other participants shall be prohibited. Offenders may be removed from the venue immediately.
10. Persons entering into or inside the venue should not intentionally cause any obstruction to the entrance, exit, staircase, passage, district passageway, emergency exit or emergency passageway of the venue.
11. Security staff at the venue may intercept or interdict persons who constitute a threat to event safety and order for any reason, including those apparently under the influence of alcohol or drugs and those in possession of dangerous items or substances. Such persons may be denied from entry or be removed from the venue.
12. No video shooting and sound recording are permitted during the show. No video camera and audio recording equipment are allowed without the permission of the Organisers.
13. Participants shall follow the advice of the staff of the Organisers during the event. The Organisers reserve the rights to deny entry to the venue or remove from it any person who fails to comply with the above rules and regulations. Such persons are not allowed to re-enter the venue during the event.
Interpretation of these House Rules and any terms or expressions herein is the sole prerogative of the Organisers. The Organisers and the security staff reserve the right of final decision on the House Rules and relevant issues.