Guangdong-Hong Kong Technology Cooperation Funding Scheme (TCFS)
TCFS aims to enhance the level of collaboration on research and development (R&D) among universities, research institutes and technology enterprises in Hong Kong and Guangdong/Shenzhen.
- Support platform and collaborative R&D projects with an element of Hong Kong and Guangdong or Hong Kong and Shenzhen cooperation.
- Three categories of projects under TCFS:
- Category A: projects solicited, vetted and funded solely by Hong Kong.
- Category B: projects solicited, vetted and funded solely by Guangdong or Shenzhen.
- Category C: projects jointly solicited and funded by Guangdong and Hong Kong (Category C1) or Shenzhen and Hong Kong (Category C2). R&D work of the projects must be conducted in both Hong Kong and Guangdong or Shenzhen.
- Maximum Project Duration: 24 months.
- Industry Sponsorship: at least 10% of the total project cost for platform projects; at least 50% of the total project cost for collaborative projects.
- Intellectual Property (IP) Rights Ownership: lead applicant for platform projects; industry co-applicant for collaborative projects if it contributes at least 50% of the total project cost.